Chef Tim’s Heart Health Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple Salsa
Meatballs are delicious, aren’t they? Hearty, tasty and easy to freeze for last-minute meals. Chef Tim has created a heart-healthy meatball recipe high in protein but low in cholesterol and fat. With an unexpected addition of pineapple salsa, this recipe is sure to please!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pineapple, cubed (small cubes)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- Pinch of cinnamon to taste
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2lbs ground turkey meat
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Set aside to marinate (in the refrigerator)
- Preheat the oven to 375 and put a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Form meatballs into any size you desire.
- Place the meatballs on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until juices run clear when cut.
To serve, place on a platter and arrange salsa on top (salsa should be served cold, over warm meatballs).